Anthony Joshua’s management company says the boxer has accepted WBC champion Tyson Fury’s terms for an all-British heavyweight fight on the 3rd of December and is “awaiting a response”.
Joshua was sent an offer by Team Fury, suggesting a 60-40 purse split to the champion and a December fight date.
The fight was agreed last Friday but the announcement was delayed because of the death of the Queen last Thursday.
Initial terms have been agreed but Joshua is yet to sign a contract.
Fury had said he was retiring after beating Dillian Whyte in April, and reiterated that claim last month, before challenging former world champion Joshua in a video posted on social media.
Joshua was beaten by Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk in their rematch in Saudi Arabia last month, his third defeat in his past five bouts.